Sunday, April 20, 2014

the walls of my city



There's been much talk about Ukraine lately for known reasons. But I have a feeling that not many people imagine what Ukraine is like. I live in Ukraine, but even I don't know much about it as whole. I believe some stereotypes are correct, some are completely misleading. Still, I know my city pretty well. And I do have a very personal attitude and perception of it. I decided to make some posts devoted to my city, so anyone who reads my blog can get a glimpse of what I think my city represents. Being an admirer of ruins and having a very sharp eye for the "sad" houses, I decided to make a post about 'the walls of Chernivtsi." I know in some of you these images will evoke sadness, but it's a nice kind of sadness I hope. And anyway a little sadness never hurt anyone, right? There's this infinite melancholy to our city, which for an ever-seeking mind is quite useful. Most walls on here look old and neglected and in need of a loving master to help them acquire past glory, but still this shabbiness has a charm of its own. The palette can be quite beautiful too, don't you think?



































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post..and your images and photos are mesmerizing and deeply beautiful..poetic..you are such a soulful artist in all that you do!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete